Regional Project Delegate FbF (m/f/d), Southern Africa / Mozambique
GRC is currently seeking a regional Project Delegate (m/f/d) for a Regional Forecast-based Financing project in Southern Africa.
Starting date: asap
Location: Maputo, Mozambique, with frequent travels to Lesotho and Namibia
Main duties & responsibilities:
Required Competencies & Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction;
- Knowledge and experience with FbF or Early Warning Early Action (EWEA) is a strong asset;
- Knowledge and experience with cash programming is a strong asset;
- Knowledge and experience with PER is an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences;
- Experience in implementing and managing donor funded projects (German Federal Foreign Office experience will be an asset), including procurement and administrative-financial processes and intercultural staff management;
- Willingness to frequently travel within Southern Africa;
- Oral and written fluency in English, good command of Portuguese (or Spanish with willingness to learn Portuguese) is a strong asset;
- Experience within and knowledge of the Red Cross Red Crescent movement is an asset;
- Work permission or valid visa for Mozambique will be a strong asset;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments;
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions';
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as a personal allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application until 24.10.2021 by using the GRC online application system.